Sat, 28 Jan|
Innate Postpartum Care - Planning for the 4th Trimester
Plan your postpartum with Doula Healer and Artist Zoie Wilson
Time & Location
28 Jan 2023, 10:00 – 29 Jan 2023, 14:00
About the Event
You just gave birth and now it’s time to leave the maternity and take your new baby home – Now what? What will life with a newborn really be like? Will the family be able to sleep? What should I be eating?
These are all the questions that new parents face when baby arrives home which can be nerve wracking at a times when ideally it is meant to be pleasurable, and loving. This is why creating a postpartum plan based off the needs and desires of you and your family is so important.
Taking time to plan your ideal postpartum can help to answer all these questions and more. You created your birth plan but why not create a plan for when baby arrives.
When should I take the class?
This class can during at anytime during your pregnancy. Though it is recommended between 25-35 weeks gestation, as this is the optimum time to plan ahead and feel good before the baby arrives.
What topics can I expect will be covered with the class?
- Physiological education of postpartum to prevent long and short term health issues (perinatal mood disorders, postpartum depression, divorce, low sex drive, pelvic health issues like incontinence, uterine prolapse...)
- Bodywork (specific to traditional healing from Ayurveda, Traditional Midwifery, and Traditional Chinese Medicine practices)
- Postpartum foods and herbs
- Radical Rest, why resting matters
- Warmth and it's cross-cultural importance in postpartum
- Restoring hormonal balance after birth
- How to direct partner and family participation during your postpartum
- Protect your health by learning to identify stress responses
- Learn how to tend to your needs by claiming your right to health
- Resourcing to the community
- Customized postpartum plan for your family
Location: To Be Determined, depending on number of participants.
About the Instructor
Zoie Wilson is an American doula and artist, she explores creativity through the opening of unconditional love in our most intimate cycles of being a woman - menstruation, sex, birth, pregnancy, and postpartum. The woman herself is the art, the body is a reflection of the elements that surround us. She started photographic projects called Birth Spiral and Blood Medicine, as ways to inform the public that women have options in birth by reclaiming their body sovereignty. As a Traditional Birth Attendant, INNATE Postpartum Practitioner, and photographer she believes we can create spaces together during these once in a lifetime rites of passage.
If you want to know more about the class, you can reach out to Zoie at: email@example.com.
This price is only for Message members. To avail of this fee, you will need to be a current member or you will need to join Message (https://www.messageparis.org/join-us).€200.00
This price is for non-Members. Why not consider joining Message for 40€ and save 10€ from the class fee while getting access to Message's other advantages like Breastfeeding Supporters and Bumps2Babies Meet-ups. (For more information, go to: https://www.messageparis.org/join-us)€250.00