Sun, 14 May|
Bumps & Beyond
The ultimate event to support and inform pregnant and new parents.
Time & Location
14 May 2023, 09:30 – 12:30
Paris, 35 Rue Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
About the Event
Looking for advice and support during your pregnancy or postpartum period? Message is thrilled to announce its inaugural Bumps & Beyond event!
Join us for expert-led talks, have your questions answered by specialists, and get advice from midwives, doulas, nutritionists, breastfeeding experts and more.
In addition to learning about the resources available to you in the region, you’ll build your peer support group via a match-making session designed to link parents by neighborhood, trimester, or the age of your child(ren).
There will also be a vendor fair showcasing a range of services and local businesses.
The event is open to entire families, and so you can make the most of your visit, we’ve planned refreshments and an indoor and outdoor area for your children to play, as well as fun surprises like goody bags and a raffle giveaway!
We hope you’ll come away feeling informed about what's to come, mindful about how to look after yourself pre- and post-birth, and most of all, supported from the bump to beyond.
- Location: École Saint Victor, 35 Rue Jussieu, 75005 Paris. Time: 9:30 - 12:30
- Join us for expert-led talks
- Meet other parents
- Charity Bake sale (remember to bring some cash)
- Vendor fair showcasing a range of services and local businesses.
- Have your questions answered by specialists
- Get advice from midwives, doulas, nutritionists, breastfeeding experts and more
Schedule of Events: Please arrive promptly as talks will begin just after 10am
09:30AM Arrival and welcome, time to meet pre/postnatal specialists
10:00 AM Speaker series
11:00 AM Speed meet-ups - moms and dads can connect to their village!
11:30 AM Free time to meet pre/postnatal specialists
12:15 PM Raffle and wrap-up
Meet the Speakers:
Diana Powell Bodrone - Midwife and Lactation Consultant
Discusses prenatal and post natal care and the myths & facts of the French health system
Nicola Thompson - Doula and Birth Keeper
What to expect when your baby arrives and the role a doula can play in your pre and Post-natal care.
Sophie Lazarski Nicoll - Full Spectrum Doula
Joining Nicola on the stage to discuss what to expect during the postpartum period
Stephanie Rink - Dietitian
Top 10 tips for using nutrition to take care of yourself as a mom-to-be/new mom
Meet the Specialists:
- Lauren de Fonton - Fonton Champagne - Offering alcoholic and non-alcoholic champagne (when you pop - you can pop!!)
- Marianella Pacheco - Sur Seine Photography - for all your family photography needs pre and post birth
- Laura Atack - Encouraging Parents - Expat Life and Parenting Coach
- Fabienne Defaux - Novexpat French School
- Maya Dorsey - Restore - HER - Nutritional kits post birth
- Myriam Kalidanse - Ostéopathe
- Sophie Wallace-Hadrill - Clinical Psychologist
- The Message Paris team, which includes breastfeeding supporters, volunteers across events, maternal and paternal support
There will also be refreshments and cold drinks available at the charity bake stand - Remember to bring some cash with you!
To find out the latest news and announcments for this and future events follow us on Instagram
- Ticket type
Message Member (family ticket)
This is a family ticket which includes 1 partner plus childrenPrice€5.00
- Ticket type
This is a family ticket which includes 1 partner plus childrenPrice€10.00
- Ticket type
We still want you to come, even if you are not able to pay for this event at this time.PricePay what you want